I love coconut oil, it’s so versatile and can be used for so many things so I thought I might list the top five things I use it for, as the complete list would make my hands ache from typing!
- Cooking (obviously!). It cooks at a nice high temperature and gives the food a lovely flavour.
- Hair conditioner. I try to slather my hair and scalp in coconut oil once a week, leave it on for around 15 mins and then wash off. Not only does it smell lovely, it makes my hair so soft and gives it a lovely sheen.
- Body moisturiser. I rub it in to my elbows, knees, hands and feet before bed. Not every night, of course, but now and again. It absorbs quickly and really softens the very dry skin on my feet and hands. I could use it all over if needed but I tend not to bother.
- Facial cleanser. Either used alone or mixed with olive oil, I gently rub it in all over my face, leave it for a minute or two, then get a face cloth, dip it in very hot water, wring it out then place over my face.Leave it for around 30 seconds, then wipe the oil(s) off. No drying soap required and it cleans really well, doesn’t leave your skin oily and leaves your face nicely moisturised.
- Polish. I use it instead of furniture polish. Rub it in, wipe it off. Simple as. Also, polishes shoes quite well. There you go, an extra tip. Six for the price of five!